Two years ago today, I started writing Second Breakfast.
This past year has been a year of transition for me (writing-wise). . . I think I’ve found what I really love to write about on here, and have been getting better at doing more of my ‘real writing’. Yay!
I feel like it’s also been a very chaotic year, too. Between all the road-trips to see sibs and our big trip to New Zealand, plus the kitchen remodel, and my numerous doctor visits, new diets and new treatments, I feel worn out. But today I got up, and it’s grey and rainy, and these days are my days. I feel like they’re just for me; I love everything about them. The way the earth smells after the rain. . . the lovely, moody skies. . . reading on the couch and listening to the raindrops as they hit the windows. . . it renews my hope.
I have some fun second-birthday-plans coming up (including some giveaways and updates you do not want to miss!), but for today. . .
Today let’s have a rainy reading day together. After all, that’s the best kind of birthday.
And could I ask you to do something as a birthday gift for Second Breakfast, my friends? If you have the time, just share your favorite post or page with your friends. Let’s see if we can get a new high number of views this week! And don’t forget to let me know in the comments where you shared it —thank you everyone, for sticking with me!
Here are a few highlights from this past year:
- The start of my 365 Day Photography Challenge!
- My seventeenth birthday and first anniversary of my book being published.
- About my chronic daily headaches, and what I’m trying to get rid of them. . . plus an update.
- My interview with A Clothes Horse.
- Making Moussaka for the first time, and my recipe.
- Snapshots from my trip to New Zealand. *sigh*
- Why I can’t stop journaling, and why we ought to encourage young writers!
- My semi-monthly reading updates/book reviews: January, February & March, April, May & June.
- Eleven simple ways to make your day better–even when you have a headache (from someone who knows).
And for those of you who stuck with me this long (and maybe a few newbies too): What posts are your favorite? What do you want to see more of on Second Breakfast?
And if you haven’t subscribed to get new posts in your email, do so now in the sidebar to the right!